Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program
A new exciting way you can tell the government how to spend your hard-earned tax dollars! Georgia GOAL (Greater Opportunities for Access to Learning) Scholarship Program allows you, a Georgia taxpayer, to redirect a portion of your state income tax to Mt. Bethel Christian Academy, providing financial assistance for a current public school student to attend MBCA. This does not cost you one more cent!
Two ways to sign up:
Access our Paperless Process method now to contribute for a 2013 tax credit! Don't forget to designate Mt. Bethel Christian Academy as the recipient school!
Complete and Mail:
Complete the FORM IT-QEE-TP1- 2013 and the 2013 GOAL Tax Credit Form. Note: If married filing jointly, include both spouses Tax ID’s (SS#). Be sure to sign on page 2 of the form (only 1 signature required).
- Write check payable to: Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program, Inc. (designate “Mt. Bethel Christian Academy” in the memo line of check)
- Mail forms and check to Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program, Inc., Five Concourse Parkway, Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30328.
How to Claim the Credit
File your Georgia income tax return and take the credit.
- GOAL will send you Form IT-QEE-SS01 contribution acknowledgment form
- A copy of Form IT-QEE-SSO1 will need to be filed with your tax return along with a short Form IT-QEE-TP2 which will be available at tax time.
- GOAL will send taxpayer filing guidance early next year and/or will post taxpayer filing guidance on its website.
By Georgia law, the taxpayer and the student scholarship organization (GOAL) will both receive a copy of the taxpayer’s Approval Letter from the DOR. If you have already submitted payment to GOAL, please simply keep this Approval Letter for your records. GOAL will process your payment.
GOAL expects that the cap may be met by June 1, 2013, and we recommend that taxpayers apply for pre-approval by May 1, 2013.