Commonly Asked Questions
- I don’t get my bonus until next year. Should I pledge now or when I get my bonus?
- My company will match my pledge. What form do I need to get?
- Can I use a credit card?
- Can I make a pledge now and then another one in the new year?
- Is there a minimum amount?
- Can I make monthly payments to fulfill my pledge?
- Can I specify what I want my money to be used for?
- Is participation mandatory?
- I can only pledge $50. Should I bother?
- When is my payment due?
- I need specifics on what the money is used for. How will my child benefit?
- Do I get a receipt for tax purposes?
- Can I pay online? Is there a link?
- I have my pledge card completed. Where do I drop it off? Can I send it in my child’s backpack?
- I lost my pledge card. Where do I get a new one?
Either is fine. If you know what you’ll want to contribute, go ahead and make your pledge now. If you’d like to see what your bonus will be before contributing, it’s perfectly fine to wait to pledge or contribute at that time. All pledges and donations can be adjusted as needed and the deadline for participation is June 30, 2019.
Many companies participate in gift matching programs. Some companies will even match gifts made by retirees and spouses of employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, you can pick up a Company Matching Gift list from the Academy Administrative Office or simply ask your HR department at your place of employment. If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. The Academy will do the rest. The impact of your gift may be doubled or possibly tripled.
Annual Fund gifts are most effective when deposited into a general unrestricted fund that allows MBCA to bridge the gap between what tuition dollars cover and what it costs to actually provide students with a Mt. Bethel education. Unrestricted gifts to the Annual Fund are critical in helping us fulfill our mission of delivering Christ-centered academic excellence, while keeping tuition as low as possible.
Participation is not mandatory, but encouraged. MBCA needs every member of the Academy community to make the school a priority for charitable giving by making a gift to the Annual Fund. When we approach foundations and corporations for grants, they strongly consider the percentage of parental and community support.
Your participation will support continued expansion of our unrivaled technology program, fund faculty and staff professional development grants, provide financial assistance to deserving families who may be facing short-term need, and continue to provide the faculty with the necessary instructional tools to deliver a quality education to our children.