We are delighted that you have decided to apply your child to Mt. Bethel Christian Academy and we look forward to assisting you with the application process. For space availability or admission questions, please contact us at (770) 971-0245 or email Chip Barber, Director of Admission at email@example.com.
Each of the application steps are summarized below and may be selected for more information. International students, please click here to complete your application for admission.
Mt. Bethel Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color or national or ethnic origin.
- Step One: Application and Payment
- Step Two: Teacher/Counselor Evaluation Forms
- Step Three: School Records
- Step Four: School Visit and Personal Interview
- Step Five: Academic Testing
- Step Six: Decision Letters
To initiate the application process, please complete the following:
- Complete the online application. New users will be prompted to create an account.
- Pay your application fee online. If you choose to pay by mail, please remit payment and payment voucher to Mt. Bethel Christian Academy within 7 days.
- Application fee for Lower School is $175, which covers the cost of assessment.
- Application fee for Middle and Upper School is $100. Middle School and Upper School applicants are assessed through SSAT at an additional charge. The PSAT will be accepted in lieu of the SSAT for Upper School applicants.
- After completing the online application, you will receive an email confirmation with additional instructions.
- Please submit your child's birth certificate (submit by mail or fax, within 7 days)
After completing your online application, you will receive a confirmation email (as referenced above) prompting you to sign into your admission account again. When your application reads "submitted," you will need to follow the following instructions to complete your application:
- Download the appropriate teacher evaluation form(s). Please forward the required teacher evaluation form(s) to your child's current teacher(s) for completion. We ask that teachers return the evaluations to us within seven days.
Lower School Teacher Evaluation Forms: For students applying to JK through 5th grade.
- Junior Kindergarten Evaluation Form
- Kindergarten Teacher Evaluation Form
- Grades 1 - 5 Teacher Evaluation Form
- Middle School Math Evaluation
- Middle School Language Arts Evaluation
- Middle School Principal/Counselor Evaluation
- Upper School Math Evaluation
- Upper School Language Arts Evaluation
- Upper School Principal/Counselor Evaluation
- Upper School Science Evaluation (STEM Honors applicants only)
- Upload a photo of your child (recommended, but not required)
For students already enrolled in Lower, Middle or Upper school, please complete the Transcripts Release Authorization form and give to your child's current school, authorizing them to submit to us a copy of your child's current report card and a copy of the previous year's final grades, along with any standardized test scores that may be in their file. This form should be given to your child's school within seven days of submitting your child's online application.
First – Sixth Grade Applicants
All first grade through sixth grade applicants are required to shadow with us in their current grade-level. This is a fun day for the students, giving them an opportunity to experience a full day as an Academy student, going to class, lunch, specials, etc. Upon submitting your application for admission, please LINK HERE to register for a shadow day.
Seventh – Twelfth Grade Applicants
All seventh through twelfth grade applicants will be scheduled to shadow in their current grade level. This shadow day is designed to give prospective students an opportunity to experience a day as an Academy student, going to class and specials with an assigned Academy student. Upon submitting your application for admission, 7th and 8th grade students will need to register for a shadow day. Please LINK HERE to select a shadow date for your child. Upper School students will be contacted to arrange for their shadow day.
International Students (9th-12th Grade Only)
Students will be contacted to conduct a remote interview.
All Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten applicants must be assessed for their readiness to begin school. Students will be observed in a small group setting as well as given a one-on-one readiness assessment. A member of our Admission staff will contact you with your scheduled appointment time.
First – Fifth Grade Applicants
All lower school applicants will be given an academic assessment designed to help us gain a better understanding of his/her academic exposure and abilities. A member of our Admission team will contact you to schedule this appointment.
Sixth – Twelfth Grade Applicants
All Middle School and *Upper School applicants are required to take the SSAT admission test as a part of their academic assessment. This admission test is administered once a month between October and June at our North Campus and other locations nationally. Register online at www.ssat.org. The SSAT Code for Mt. Bethel Christian Academy is 5260 or designate the recipient school as "Mt. Bethel."
Students applying to Upper School may submit PSAT scores in lieu of SSAT scores.
If a student is a non-native English speaker, they will be required to take the TOEFL. Under certain circumstances, the SSAT/PSAT may be required, as well.
Lower and Middle School Applicants
Applications completed by mid February will be considered in our first-round of decisions. After the Admission Committee reviews your child's file, an admission decision will be distributed via email late March.
Applications received after the initial deadline will be considered on a rolling admission basis and as classroom space is available, with decision emails sent in a timely manner. Please contact the Admission Office to determine space availability.
Upper School Applicants
Admission to Upper School is conducted on a rolling basis beginning the 1st of February. Admission decisions will be conveyed by phone.