Ways to Give
We appreciate your support at any level. Gifts of any size significantly impact the school community and educational experience. Your generosity makes a difference in the lives of each student and teacher at MBCA!
We accept gifts in the forms below. Our office is here to serve you; please contact Lee Mallon, Development Associate, at [email protected] or call (770) 971-0245 for assistance.
Credit Cards – Donate Online!
MBCA accepts Visa and MasterCard. Payment may be submitted securely online or by phone at (770) 971-0245.
Please make checks payable to MBCA. The mailing address is: MBCA Development Office, 4385 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30068. Please indicate in the memo line "Annual Fund."
Corporate Matching Gifts
Many corporations offer matching gift programs that can double or triple the value of your gift to MBCA! What's more, many employers will also match contributions of spouses, retirees, and trustees. Please contact your Human Resources or Community Relations office for eligibility and matching gift forms.
Securities such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds make a wonderful gift. The tax savings to the donor can be significant.
1. Selling securities and mutual funds that have appreciated in value generally result in long-term capital gains tax being due if the securities have been owned for more than twelve months.
2. Making a gift of long-term appreciated securities or mutual funds to MBCA avoids the capital gains tax.
3. Making this gift allows the donor who itemizes deductions to take an income tax charitable deduction for the full fair market value of the securities.
If your broker holds your stock or mutual fund shares, you may request they be transferred directly to Mt. Bethel Christian Academy via electronic transfer. To facilitate the transfer of stock gifts, please contact, Lee Mallon, Development Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Sandy Meyer with Merrill Lynch at 770-360-6053. DTC #5198, account name of Mt. Bethel Christian Academy, Inc. and account number 29S03476.
1. As donors cannot be credited for “unclaimed" stock gifts, be certain to request the submission of your name with all stock transfers to MBCA.
2. The effective date of your gift will be the date the stock or mutual fund shares arrives in Mt. Bethel Christian Academy's account.
3. Stock transfers normally are completed within five business days, depending upon your broker. Mutual fund transfers may take four weeks, especially at year-end, due to additional paperwork required to complete the transfer.
Please allow appropriate time to complete these gifts. You may print off the letter of authorization here.
Gifts of Tangible Personal Property (Gifts-in-Kind)
Gifts-in-kind are accepted on a case-by-case basis. The primary criterion is that the gifts further the mission of the school. MBCA is prohibited by law to appraise the value of gifts of tangible personal property in any form. For donations of personal property over $500, the donor must complete the appropriate IRS forms for tax deduction purposes; for property having a value of $5,000 or more, the donor must obtain a qualified, independent appraisal.
For additional information about supporting the mission of Mt. Bethel with your giving, please contact:
Director of Advancement
4385 Lower Roswell Road
Marietta, Georgia 30068