The Film Academy - Upper School
In both courses, Digital Media Production I and Digital Media Production II, students can expect to study the following units in detail:
- Filmmaking Overview
- Introduction to NLE and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Grip and Electric
- Art Department
- Sound Department
- Production Department
- Screenwriting and Storytelling
- Principal Photography & Film Projects
The class will be hands-on, assisted by movie clips to illustrate filming techniques; students will gain experience with Adobe Premiere Pro editing software and professional equipment; and all classes will take place inside the studio, which consists of four main areas:
- The Writer's Room - where students will meet each day to discuss plans and goals, and flesh out storylines.
- The Set - the heartbeat of The Film Academy, where all production takes place.
- The Workroom - for postproduction editing, cutting films, collaborating, and prepping equipment.
- Sound Booth - recording, voice-overs, and foley.